Maximizing Innovation and ROI
The semiconductor industry is being reshaped by a perfect storm of consolidation and innovation. To remain competitive while navigating market and technology uncertainties, every chip company—whether innovating around GHz, acceleration, power, functionality, even experience—is stretching R&D dollars further than ever. Aricent joins Altran, creating the world’s largest Engineering R&D service provider, and the partner of choice when it comes to your design and engineering needs.
Altran helps semiconductor companies achieve the highest ROI on their R&D spend by maximizing the productivity and innovation capacity of in-house R&D teams, reducing engineering costs and improving time-to-market. Offerings include:
- High-quality engineering services for silicon, systems/boards, platforms, software and product.
- IC design and validation from the most advanced technology nodes to mature, proven processes.
- End-to-end solutions for derivative and legacy chips.
- User-centered experience design for embedded applications.
- Evaluating requirements for embedded vision, machine learning, big data, analytics, cloud, security and other leading-edge technologies.
- Flexible engagements and business models.
Altran is an engineering services partner to 17 of the world’s top 20 chip makers, ranked #1 in Semiconductor for two years in a row by Zinnov (2016, 2017) and home to the world’s largest VLSI engineering services team.
Altran is a leading provider of design and engineering services, solutions and frameworks for the semiconductor industry. A comprehensive services portfolio supports end-to-end design and development, testing, deployment and lifecycle support for silicon, boards, platforms, embedded software, applications, product ecosystem and more.
Some of our services include:
DESIGN STRATEGY AND CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
Services to plan, design and implement the end-to-end customer journey for new embedded products and explore opportunities to create value by monetizing product data and analytics.
Design, implementation and testing services for core processor ICs, embedded SoCs, SIPs, GPUs, DSPs, FPGAs and more—from design to tape-out to post-silicon validation.
Design, build, test and manufacturing support services for developing boards and hardware platforms.
PLATFORM SOFTWARE AND SERVICES
Software and services for hardware bring-up and to ready ICs and boards for embedded software development.
Development, integration and testing services of middleware components to support target apps, including frameworks, APIs, multimedia and display protocols and more.
NETWORKING AND CONNECTIVITY PROTOCOLS
Integration services for a wide range of industry-standard protocols including wired and wireless connectivity, IP connectivity, Ethernet networking, device management and more.
EMBEDDED APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
Development, enhancement, maintenance and OS-migration services for application software in embedded devices and supporting mobile, web, desktop and cloud apps.
TEST AND VALIDATION
Comprehensive testing services to accelerate delivery of high-quality semiconductor products and services including silicon, boards, platforms, software, end products and more.
MAINTENANCE, SUPPORT, VALUE ENGINEERING
Comprehensive post-development services to deploy, maintain and support any IC generation and extend the life and value of mature IC products.
SOFTWARE BUILDING BLOCKS
A large portfolio of frameworks, IP, platforms and development kits to expedite development of core functionality such as connectivity, networking, IoT, security, cloud applications and more.
SOLUTIONS FOR DERIVATIVE AND LEGACY CHIPS
End-to-end design, complete maintenance & support for derivative IC generations to extend the life and business value of legacy IC generations.
End-to-end design, implementation and testing services to migrate existing silicon and/or IP to new process nodes.
- Complete breadth of product engineering services and solutions to achieve the highest ROI across the semiconductor lifecycle
- World’s largest VLSI services workforce with experience and expertise in SoC geometries down to 7nm
- Ranked #1 in Semiconductor in Zinnov Zones 2016 & 2017 reports; engineering services partner to 17 of the world’s top 20 semiconductor companies
- End-to-end silicon, system and software services under one roof
- Experience design services to ensure customers connect with end products both functionally and intuitively
- Seamless, global delivery model built for agility, quality and speed
- Flexible engagement and business models