Palo Alto, Calif., June 16, 2009 - Altran™, a global innovation, technology, and services company focused exclusively on communications, today announced record revenue for its fiscal year ended March 31, 2009, capping a challenging year filled with a number of significant company milestones and achievements.
“While the global economic conditions over the past year were quite challenging, I am extremely proud of our team and our performance as a company,” said Sudip Nandy, chief executive officer of Altran. “Not only did we achieve the highest revenue in the history of the company, we are seeing increased customer awareness of and preference for our unique combination of innovation, products, and services. Our industry continues to undergo unprecedented change, and we are thrilled to be deeply engaged with our customers as they shape the future of communications.”
Altran achieved record business results in its fiscal year ending March 31, 2009. Highlights include:
- Exceeded $460 million in revenue, the highest annual revenue in the company's history;
- Launched the award-winning Celltop, a mobile client framework that enables the delivery of next-generation content, commerce and communication services;
- Received additional strategic funding from KKR and The Family Office;
- Appointed ex-Wipro executive Sudip Nandy as CEO;
- Announced ex-Accenture CEO Joe Forehand as Chairman of the Board;
- Released new products for Long Term Evolution (LTE), Home Gateways and Metro Ethernet;
- Announced several new customers, including Sprint, Sony Ericsson, and TDC;
- Selected to multiple top business lists, including Global Services Magazine’s selection of Altran as a Top 100 Global Services Company.
James H. Greene Jr., member of KKR added, “The past year was a tremendous test for businesses globally. Altran’s performance during this period is further validation of the strength of the company’s vision, and more importantly, clear evidence of the value customers perceive in the company’s solutions and services.”
Altran is the world leader in engineering and R&D services. Altran offers its clients a unique value proposition to meet their transformation and innovation challenges. Altran supports its clients, from concept through industrialization, to develop the products and services of tomorrow and has been working for more than 35 years with major players in many sectors: Automotive, Aeronautics, Space, Defense & Naval, Rail, Infrastructure & Transport, Energy, Industrial & Consumer, Life Sciences, Communications, Semiconductor & Electronics, Software & Internet, Finance & Public Sector. Altran has more than 50,000 employees operating in over 30 countries.
Altran is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology, and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital, and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year + heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17 billion. People matter results count.
Visit us at altran.com.
Follow the Altran Group on Twitter @Altran_Americas