At Altran North America, we value your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. The purpose of this policy is to provide you with information about how and why Altran North America collects and processes your personal data when you visit this website (regardless of where you visit it from) and/or when you sign up for our newsletters, subscribe to any of our published whitepapers, inquire about our services, take part in a survey or otherwise interact with us through this website.
Please note that this website is not intended for children, and Altran North America does not knowingly collect data relating to children. If you are younger than 16, you may not register with or use this website. If you think that we may have unintentionally collected data relating to a child, please write to us at email@example.com
- WHO WE ARE
- THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
- DATA SECURITY
- HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Altran North America or Altran NA, (includes erstwhile Aricent business operations) “we”, “us” or “our” here, we are referring to the relevant company in the Aricent Group responsible for processing your data.
Aricent Technologies UK Limited is the controller and is responsible for this website in terms of European data protection legislation.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Aricent Technologies UK Limited
Name or title of data protection officer: Nichola Andrews
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Toll-free compliance hotline: +1-866-880-2736
Postal address of data protection officer: Aricent Technologies UK Limited, Park View House, 65 London Rd, Newbury RG14 1JN
If you are a European Union citizen you have the right to make a complaint at any time to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement. In the UK the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk/. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO or your local supervisory authority so please contact us in the first instance.
Personal data means any data or information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where your identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store, and transfer different types of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Contact data, which includes your postal address, email address(es) and telephone numbers.
- Identity data, which includes your first name, last name, title, gender, birth date, and job title.
- Marketing and communications data, which includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
- Profile data, which includes your username and password, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- Technical data, which includes your internet protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage data, which includes information about how you use our website.
We may use the above personal data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased services from us or if you have provided us with your details when you entered a survey or registered for an event or a promotion, and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Please note that where you opt out of receiving marketing messages, this will not delete other personal data we hold on you.
We do not collect personal data about you other than the information which you voluntarily provide to us through this site to fulfill the purpose of your request such as to subscribe to a newsletter.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (this mean details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic, and biometric data or any information about criminal convictions and offences).
Please note that we will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the Altran NA for marketing purposes.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your identity, contact and marketing and communications data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- fill in a form on this website (such as the one on our “connect with us” page)
- create an account on our website (such as on our “career opportunities” page)
- subscribe to any publications (such as our “white papers”)
- request marketing to be sent to you; or
- when you give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technologies.
- Third-party analytics providers. We receive technical data (standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior) from Google Analytics about visitors to this website. This information does not identify anyone. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third-party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Please note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below:
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
To register you as a new customer
Performance of a contract with you
To manage our relationship with you which will include:
(a) Performance of a contract with you
To enable you to complete a survey
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business)
To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganization or group restructuring exercise)
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
To deliver relevant website content to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the same
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our website and/or products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above.
- Internal third parties as set out in the Glossary
- External third parties as set out in the Glossary
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We are a global enterprise with operations in countries around the world.
Altran NA has implemented global privacy practices for processing personal data protected under various data protection laws. Altran NA transfers personal data between the countries in which we operate in accordance with the standards and conditions of applicable data privacy laws, including standards and conditions related to security and processing.
If you reside outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, by providing your personal data, you consent to the sharing of your personal data as described above and any resulting cross-border transfers.
Transferring data between internal third parties or to external third parties may involve transferring your data outside the EEA or Switzerland.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, whether to Altran Group companies or to external third parties, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries; or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission that give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered, or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Collection of information by third party sites
Like many other commercial websites, our site contains links to other sites whose information collection practices may be different than ours. Users should consult the other sites’ privacy policies, as we do not have any control over any information that may be submitted to, or collected by, such third parties.
Although we employ security measures to prevent unauthorized access to information we collect online, we cannot guarantee the privacy of personal data you transmit over the web, or that may be collected in transit by third parties, including any consultants that provide services to us.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Under certain circumstances, and depending on your location you have rights under applicable data protection laws in relation to your personal data. The following descriptions provides you with more information about these rights if you are a European Union citizen which Altran NA will respect regardless of where you visit this website from:
Request access to your personal data
This right enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing such personal data. In order to comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your identity.
Request correction of your personal data
This right enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data that you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data
This right enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue processing it or where applicable law requires erasure. Please note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data
If there is something about your particular circumstance that makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it adversely affects your fundamental rights and freedoms please contact us. In some instances, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing your personal data
This right enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
- where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or
- you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request transfer of your personal data
We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us
Process for responding
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally, it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
We may periodically update this Policy to comply with privacy regulations, describe new website features, products or services we offer, and how it may affect our use of information about you.
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
External third parties means:
- Service providers acting as processors who provide IT and system administration services;
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance, and accounting services;
- Regulators(including data protection supervisory authorities) and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in the United Kingdom and/or EEA who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances;
This policy was last updated on January 1, 2020.
Copyright ©Altran 2019