New Customer, Revenue Streams with Connected Devices
The Internet of Things is all about connected devices, wearables and an array of smartphone embedded sensors, such as accelerometers and GPS. Digital is transforming the role of connected devices. In the automotive sector the arrival of autonomous driving, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and digital cockpits are supported by a new class of devices (heads up displays, center consoles, OBD-II devices etc.) - to create superior customer experience.
In the industrial sector the rise of industry 4.0/Industrial Internet means more edge computing hardware that is connected and more intelligent. Every connected devices have common characteristics that must be take into consideration before they go into the world:
- Design thinking that will mediate between technology and the user.
- Connectivity, location, multimedia, power management, sensor awareness and SDK middleware.
- Product support including technical assistance, software updates and life-time maintenance.
- Device security encompassing secure boot, sandboxing, content protection, network interface security.
- Performance, power and cost trade-offs.
- Device interoperability and certifications.
We bring a unique blend of design & strategy, development engineering and software solutions that enable connectivity, multimedia and smart services, which are pivotal to achieving compelling customer experiences for all industry sectors.
Our Connected devices services suite is a unique blend of design, application development, middleware, multimedia, connectivity and system integration expertise helping clients build innovative, next generation devices across multiple market segments and for the Internet of Things. Our design and engineering services are supported by a portfolio of enabling software solutions that accelerate the product realization lifecycle. Besides silicon design and validation, we have deep domain expertise in all software layers including embedded HW/SW platforms, firmware, middleware and HMI/mobile application development. Our expertise extends to areas beyond the device software into the cloud, big data and analytics to support vertical use-cases.
Some of our services include:
Embedded & Mobile Application Development
These services deliver new and innovative use cases enabled by next generation technologies through applications deployed on the smart device and on the cloud.
They encompass deep expertise in different device SDKs like Android, iOS, Windows, HTML5, in application development on constrained embedded devices running RTOS type primitive application deployment environments and web application development on JAVA based application deployment infrastructure deployed in the cloud.
The middleware environment helps bridge the chips, connectivity, multimedia and user experience.
These services help customers build, maintain or enhance smart device based application development environments for 3rd party application developers by abstracting the details of the platform and presenting the services of the platform through easy-to-use APIs. The middleware environment helps bridge the chips, connectivity, multimedia and user experience.
Protocol Engineering & Component Development
Accelerate development, testing and certification of connectivity interfaces of customer products.
It involves development of SDK's and protocol stacks for 2G/3G & LTE for UE modem, short-range connectivity technologies like WiFi, BT/BLE, Zigbee and NFC,and streaming and media transport technologies like HLS, MPEG-DASH, DLNA, MTP.
To deliver error free operation with consistent performance at the optimal power point by defining.
And executing robust processes of integrating hardware, OS, drivers, middleware and applications for a smart device.
System Test & Validation
Execute and validate compliance to functional and non-functional requirements, standards, interoperability and usability of a smart device to ensure consistent user experience.
And robust performance in real world scenarios. Includes pre-certification testing and operator specific certification and field testing that requires expertise in T&M equipment from vendors like Rhode & Schwarz, Keysight, Ixia, Anritsu
Embedded Platform Engineering
From the Board/FPGA/ASIC, thermal and mechanical, design analysis and simulation, design validation, manufacturing support and prototyping.
- Design to help implementation of new and unique interaction models that bring differentiation to customer products.
- Deep expertise in experience design, multimedia, connectivity (short range and backhaul), embedded software, board and chip design essential to deliver the right performance at the right price point without compromising on the design concept.
- Strong and growing list of alliances and partnerships across the entire devices eco-system.
- Our technology innovation group continuously experiments with the latest technologies and collaborates with standards bodies and industry forums.
- Our portfolio of enabling software solutions is available across multiple operating systems and target platforms.