Network Equipment Provider Testing Services
Network Equipment Providers (NEPs) are experiencing dramatic disruption as a result of new technologies-5G, cloud, Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and Internet of Things (IoT) that are being rolled out at an accelerating pace and require shorter but more effective test cycles. To meet these challenges, NEPs are working to speed up and optimize their testing cycles while, at the same time, striving for higher quality and lower cost of overall testing.
Altran has been a trusted partner to Tier 1 NEPs for over 25 years, offering intelligent testing services. We co-engineer, co-innovate and build strong, long-term customer relationships by offering services tailored to meet diverse requirements.
Altran provides end-to-end testing services covering unit testing, module testing, system testing, solution testing, regression testing, pre-conformance and pre-certification, automation and lab management services in both the wireline and wireless communications space.
Altran testing services enable clients to accelerate the delivery of products and services so they stay on the cutting edge of innovation, improve solution quality in production and drive down total cost of ownership. Our team of over 1,000 test experts with over 15,000 years of combined experience delivers testing services to customers across the globe.
Altran’s intelligent testing offerings spanning all phases of the testing lifecycle ensure NEPs a high Return On Investment (ROI). Our services enable our customers to improve product quality through improved and optimized test coverage, intelligent automation and early defect detection in the agile and DevOps lifecycle.
Altran is the partner of choice for Tier 1 NEPs. We offer a comprehensive set of test services to accelerate the delivery of new products and services.
Some of our services include:
MANAGED TESTING SERVICES
End-to-end lifecycle testing services including consulting, planning and execution across:
- Wireless networks: 4G and legacy wireless
- Wireline networks: Switching, routing and transport
- Home networking: G.hn, HPAV, residential gateway
- Cloud and datacenter: Application networking, computing and virtualization, Data center (DC) and Storage Area Networking (SAN), DC automation, SDN and NFV
- NMS and orchestration: NMS, OSS, BSS, ETSI MANO, Netconf, REST, legacy protocols (CLI, SNMP, RMON)
ENABLING 5G TESTING SERVICES
End-to-end lifecycle testing services including planning, execution and automation across:
- LTE Wi-Fi aggregation
- Mobile edge computing
- 5G (Fixed wireless access, network slicing, virtualization of core network functions)
NETWORK TRANSFORMATION SERVICES
Test accelerators and labs to support interoperability and system testing in the output-based packaged model for:
- VNF onboarding and validation
- NFVI testing (OpenStack, VMWare, public cloud)
- SDN testing (Open DayLight, ONOS, OpenContrail)
- MANO (NFVO, VNFM) testing
PRE-CERTIFICATION AND CONFORMANCE TESTING SERVICES
Provide support to NEPs for carrying out pre-certification and conformance testing for:
- Carrier Ethernet 2.0 (CE2.0)
- Home Grid Forum (HGF)
- Protocol Conformance Test (PCT)
- Radio Conformance Test (RCT)
- Global Certification Forum (GCF)
TEST AUTOMATION SERVICES
Portfolio of test-automation services including test-automation feasibility and ROI assessment, test-automation consulting, test tool evaluation and script development and execution.
- Wireless test automation accelerator
- VNF onboarding test automation accelerator
- High-velocity DevOps test automation accelerator
- HAVOC security test automation accelerator
- Virtual test packet generator
- Altran remote testing platform
LAB MANAGEMENT SERVICES
A portfolio of turnkey (build, operate, transfer) or à la carte solutions that include lab infrastructure planning, setup procedures, management processes and maintenance.
Altran manages customer labs as per applicable standards and provides Lab-as-a-Service (LaaS) for SDN-NFV and Wi-Fi technologies.
- Altran's customer-focused approach and innovation in the testing domain allows customers to achieve actionable results quickly.
- Industry best practices and methodologies designed specifically for the telecom sector.
- State-of-the-art lab maintained within Altran facilities for architecture feasibility analysis, proof of concept and integration of COTS solutions.
- A comprehensive suite of test banks for LTE, LTE-A, IMS, VoLTE, Wi-Fi, mobile devices, SDN, VNF and NFVI.
- Test automation accelerators for radio and core networks, application and device testing.
- Strong partnerships and engagements with leading test and measurement tool vendors.