You can work with a company built for now or you can with one building the networking framework for what comes next.
The software framework uses a hardware abstraction layer to integrate on any COTS, open or proprietary hardware platform depending upon the need. The Altran software framework leverages Altran’s proven NOS (Network Operating System) software that has seen more than 15 years of deployments in networks worldwide. The software framework provides manageability for the device through open management interfaces including modern Netconf / Yang models as well as traditional SNMP / CLI models. The hardware and vendor-agnostic nature of the software framework, together with Altran’s partner ecosystem, helps OEMs and NEPs to optimize both software and hardware R & D budgets and cycles, thus greatly accelerating time to market without huge upfront Capex outlays.
The software supports the following features:
- Management through Netconf, SNMP, CLI, REST-APIs
- Zero touch provisioning
- Telemetry including support for gRPC / gNMI
- Connectivity monitoring & Service monitoring (BFD, TWAMP, Y.1731)
- Hardware / system monitoring
- Timing and synchronization including IEEE 1588, SyncE and telecom profiles
- Ethernet Layer 2 switching – VLAN, RSTP, MSTP, Link aggregation, LLDP, IGMP / MLD Snooping
- Security – 802.1x, ACL, MACsec
- Full IPv4 / IPv6 routing – OSPF, RIP, BGP, IS-IS, PIM, IGMP, MLD, VRRP
- MPLS-TP and IP/MPLS including LDP, T-LDP and RSVPTE signaling, L2VPN, L3VPN
- Service protection – redundancy, path / ring protection, FRR, LFA, RLFA
- Segment routing – interworking between segment routing and IP/MPLS, routing protocol extensions
- Traffic management and quality of service
Customers can realize products for different deployments by enabling the appropriate feature set or a variety of hardware form factors ranging from single board pizza box devices to advanced multi-card systems around a single flexible software base. The framework is available integrated on industry-leading hardware platforms, including the following Whitebox models from EdgeCore Networks.
- AS7316-26XB - https://www.edge-core.com/productsInfo.php?cls=291&cls2=342&cls3=343&id=603
- AS5912-54X - https://www.edge-core.com/productsInfo.php?cls=291&cls2=327&cls3=328&id=264
The disaggregated architecture allows the software to be integrated on other ASICs/FPGA based platforms. NEPs/OEMs have a choice of using custom designs, or to choose a whitebox hardware solution from Altran’s partners since the software is available on both reference designs and white-box models, thus allowing the design of products optimized for deployment.