You can work with a company built for now. Or you can with one engineering the networking software of tomorrow.
Altran’s Intelligent Switching Solution (ISS) is a comprehensive and feature-rich software framework that allows original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to include standard switching capabilities in their devices, which reduces development time and allows for increased focus on advanced application development.
The framework can be used for developing a wide range of Intelligent Ethernet switching and routing applications, including entry-level, fixed-port Ethernet switches; modular Gigabit stackable switches; Metro Ethernet-based carrier-class systems; and Data Center fabric switches for Top-of-Rack (ToR)/Leaf/Spine, as well as rugged Defense and Industrial switching/routing solutions. Altran ISS has a highly portable and modular software architecture that supports a wide range of off-the-shelf Switch Silicon ASIC/NPU families, and interfaces from Fast Ethernet to 100 Gigabit Ethernet speeds. Deployed globally, ISS is an integral part of over 100 products from leading networking and telecom equipment manufacturers, and is available in multiple packages including Workgroup, Enterprise, Metro, Metro Enhanced and Data Center.
The Intelligent Switching Solution (ISS) is a comprehensive software package providing Layer 2 switching, IP v4/v6 routing, quality of service (QoS) and management capabilities for a variety of devices that need managed Ethernet switching and IP routing. Key Features include:
- Ethernet Layer2 switching – VLAN, RSTP, MSTP, LAG, LACP, 802.1x, LLDP
- Carrier Ethernet – provider bridging, PBB, PBB-TE, path protection, protection switching, ring protection, ring protection switching
- Timing – PTP (IEEE 1588), SyncE
- MEF – E-Line, E-LAN, E-Tree
- MPLS, MPLS-TP, LDP, RSVP-TE, L2VPN, L3VPN
- Datacenter – DCBX, enhanced traffic selection, priority flow control, congestion notification, VxLAN, EVPN
- Virtualization – VxLAN, EVB
- IP/routing – IPv4, IPv6, unicast, multicast, RIP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, PIM, MSDP, DVMRP, IGMP, MLD
- Modular Extensible Architecture: ISS is built on a highly modular architecture that enables efficient customization for a range of applications and devices, including Enterprise, Workgroup, Metro, Carrier Ethernet, Data Center, Industrial and Smart Grid markets.
- Portable Design: ISS is hardware and operating system-agnostic and can be easily ported to virtually any platform. Furthermore, Altran has developed reference architectures with leading silicon suppliers, which provide high degree of integration and simplify product development of modern complex switching solutions.
- Comprehensive Feature Set: ISS supports a wide range of standards for advanced routing, switching and management features, including MPLS/VPLS and High Availability, which are required by most demanding customers.
- Proven Scalability and Reliability: Proven in dozens of commercial products, ISS offers high-quality software and documentation, protocol component validation, system validation, stress testing, and scalability testing, all of which accelerate product development and test cycles while reducing the overall risk.
- Availability of Reference Platforms: The software offers reference implementations on specific platforms to help telecom equipment manufacturers accelerate their time-to-market and improve return on their investment. These include OS: VxWorks, Linux (Denx, Montavista, Windriver, others); CPU: ARM, MIPS, Pentium, PowerPC and Silicon: Broadcom StrataXGS®/Strata Connect™, Fulcrum, Marvell (Linkstreet,Prestera, xCAT, Lion).