You can work with a company built for now. Or you can with one developing the wireless software of tomorrow.
The evolution of LTE entails a whole new core network with a flat, all-IP based architecture. The SAE defined by 3GPP has the Evolved Packet Core (EPC) as its main component and Mobility Management Entity (MME), Serving Gateway (SGW) and PDN Gateway (PGW) as the sub components. The introduction of this new architecture implies that telecom equipment manufacturers need to either undertake a migration of their current packet core platforms or develop a new evolved packet core ground up.
Altran offers a comprehensive suite of products and services for the Evolved Packet Core, including EPC gateways (SGW and PGW), MME, HSS, and PCRF. Altran offers comprehensive EPC solutions for MME and SGW/PGW network nodes, designed to help vendors build high-quality solutions with pre-tested and pre-optimized components.
- Flexible EPC software framework for building high-capacity, carrier-grade OEM EPC solutions for million+ subscriber sessions as well as small capacity LTE in a Box solutions
- Independent control plane function exposing well-defined interfaces for integration with 3rd party data planes, high availability frameworks and customer’s management plane
- EPC Lite framework, a complete white label ready software solution for 10-200K subscriber sessions with well-defined interfaces for easy integration
- EPC cloud software solution framework which supports multi-tenancy, dynamic resource assignment and interface to SDN based routers. It can be executed on Virtualized hardware
- EPC cloud lets you realize major CAPEX savings through consolidation of network infrastructure and reduces OPEX through centralized support staff, use of high-performance hardware and easy feature enhancements
EPC Software Frameworks
- MME Software: The MME software framework includes support for S1-MME, S11, S6a, S10, S13, S3, SGs interfaces and scale to support up to 1 million subscribers.
- SGW/PGW Software: The SGW/PGW software framework includes support for online and offline charging, static and dynamic QoS, default and dedicated bearers, and SGi interface based on local DHCP, RADIUS and DIAMETER. External interfaces supported include S11, Transparent SGi, Non-transparent SGi, S5, Gn, Gx, Gy/Ro, Gz/Rf, and S4. The framework can scale to support up to 1 million subscribers. Combined data plane of SGW and PGW to support higher throughput. Multiple instances of data plane supported for scaling up throughput.
- HSS Software: The HSS (Home Subscriber Server) software framework includes subscriber repository along with support for subscriber authentication. It is an integrated LTE/IMS/3G HSS scalable Software offering for all-terrain markets with carrier-grade features like a persistent secured database, multi-technology support, and high availability. The framework can scale to support up to 1 million subscribers.
- PCRF Software: The PCRF software framework assists in real time to determine policy rules in a multimedia network. It is an integrated LTE/IMS/3G HSS scalable Software offering for all-terrain markets with carrier-grade features like a persistent secured database, multi-technology support, and high availability
- Hardware agnostic: Hardware and OS agnostic stacks, enabling rapid porting and integration onto any hardware platforms and OS
- Flexibility: Customizable for scalability and performance depending on customer needs and can be used to address different customer segments like low-, mid-, and high-end markets
- Accelerate Time-to-Market: Altran’s EPC solutions significantly reduce the time to enter into the LTE market by relieving vendors of the task of developing and integrating multiple complex protocols
- Easy Interoperability: Exposes open standard interfaces enabling quick interoperability with standards-based peer vendor nodes. Has strong interoperability credentials with multiple vendors
- Heterogeneous Network Support: Support for VoLTE with IMS-CSCF interface and support for WiFi network interworking (offload)