Delivering Competitive Advantage
Companies that can reduce the friction in cross-company collaboration have a decided competitive advantage in boosting the productivity of their people, accelerating decision making, and compressing time to market for new products and services. Aricent is now Altran, delivering flexible and customizable solutions for federated unified communications (UC), the sure-fire way for enterprises and service providers to dramatically reduce friction.
Business agility in the digital age demands real-time collaboration and communication between colleagues and team members around the world. But collaboration doesn’t end within the company’s four walls. Seamless communication across the extended value chain—the ecosystem of business partners, suppliers and customers—is becoming ever more important in today’s mobile, always-connected, always-collaborating work environment.
The need to dismantle barriers is driving demand for cloud-based, secure unified communications solutions that boost the productivity of cross-company teams. Indeed, the demand is booming. The global unified communications market size is expected to reach US $143.49 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The North America UC market is expected to account for over 35% of global enterprise sales by 2020.
However, today the majority of communication and collaboration tools such as calendars, instant messaging, email, presence, voice and video are managed on separate platforms. Typically, companies are using mesh point-to-point networks to connect these platforms with their value-chain partners, which requires IT resources for both development and operation of the cross-company systems. This creates an inefficient patchwork of proprietary UC solutions. While they do enhance collaboration, the time and cost of developing and managing these systems is high and they do not scale. The need to lower the cost is fueling demand for federated UC solutions.
Altran’s Unified Communications Federation solution goes beyond proprietary offerings to deliver cost-effective, scalable and seamless collaboration that gives cross-enterprise teams a competitive edge.
Altran’s UC Federation is a centralized application that interconnects UC systems, including systems from industry leaders such as Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business, Cisco Jabber, IBM Sametime, Broadsoft Broadworks VoIP platform, as well as public UC and even IP Multimedia Subsystem and Rich Communication Services (IMS/RCS) networks. The UC Federation includes a VPN/VPBX, a contact center, a call-routing system, a toll-free service, a UC federation service, and a gateway to interact with social networks. The UC Federation also provides a unified set of interfaces for OSS/BSS integration, as well as open APIs for third-party developments and end-user clients.
Some of our services include:
Altran’s UC Federation allows companies using different UC systems to interconnect.
UC Federation allows access to the directories of federated companies like they are an extension of the company’s directory.
Enterprises require user presence information to be reflected across fixed, mobile, and IP networks so that users are contacted at appropriate times.
Voice, Video and Messaging
Peer-to-peer and multi-party voice and video calls, and ad hoc conference calls across enterprise boundaries add a valuable new dimension to communications across disparate UC platforms.
Our UC Federation delivers policy management capabilities for enterprises through configurable data models to define rules on how users in one company should be connected to user in another.
- Delivers federation services across private, internet and IMS networks for disparate UC systems
- UC Federation supports centralized federation model represented by a hub-and-spoke architecture, where Altran’s UC Federation is the hub and the supported UC platforms are the spokes. This architecture requires less enterprise IT infrastructure and minimal maintenance in order to federate with partners, which reduces the financial and operational costs for all enterprises
- Comprehensive authentication mechanism delivering security based on policies, encryption, authentication attempts, expiry, data segregation and other criteria
- Altran’s UC Federation architecture is fully scalable and can handle configurations ranging from 1 to 250 servers, depending on the volume of traffic
- Standardized network interfaces along with application-enabler interfaces ensures seamless integration and orchestration of services